Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

All That Stress Over NOTHING!

Yesterday, I wrote a message in Thomas' "parent book" basically telling his teacher that I would comply with the request but it did cause concern about what I was going to send him for lunch now, due to his pickiness. Today, she wrote me back and said that peanut butter for lunch is not a problem at all since they sit all the kids with allergies on a separate table. It's only snack time that is the concern. Now why on earth would they state--in the letter that was sent home from the school nurse-- that it's snack and lunch that is a problem when it clearly is not? Beats me! But, the good thing about this 24-hour stress is that now I have some other ideas as to what I CAN send Thomas for lunch throughout the year. I am not limited to only one "main dish" as I initially thought. But, boy, am I glad peanut butter sandwiches are back on the menu!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

sues2u2 said...

I guess that it was a good thing that you were erroneously told no pb for lunch too. Lots of great ideas although I'm puzzled just like you. It's not like these kids would be kissing each other.

Oh, I thought of another one. Oatmeal breakfast squares. Just give him pb/j for breakfast & the "square" for lunch!