Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, August 10, 2008

One Year Ago Today...

One year ago today, we arrived in Germany. Looking back, it actually went by really, really fast. I have met several new people in my ward (church congregation) that arrived during the summer and I also have a new neighbor. I empathize with a lot of the things they are going through right now. It can be frustrating and surprising and very overwhelming. The "glamour" of it all ends very quickly. But, then somehow, you adjust and while things are definitely not the same as home, you are able to find some normal-ness and happiness and sometimes step back and go "Wow, I never thought I'd be here!"

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

sues2u2 said...

The amazing thing is how quickly the children are aging. Wasn't it yesterday that we were all pregnant & now the ones from "playgroup" are all in school.