Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Well, I'm Not a Teacher Anymore...

While I was gone this summer, I had a suspicion that I was not going to be a Relief Society teacher for much longer. Simply because I had a friend keep me up on the changes in our ward and I knew that there had been a lot of new RS teachers called...far too many than they needed. So, I've been nervous about where I was going to be "put". Next Sunday, I was supposed to teach, so I went to touch base with the Education counselor to see if that was still the case. I asked, "Am I still a teacher?" She told me to talk to the RS president...but that no, I was off the hook for next week. I went and talked to the president and she said that she couldn't talk to me about it until I was talked to with one of the bishopric counselors but she did assure me that the Relief Society is still going to "have me". It's not hard to see which positions aren't filled...but, we'll see...

Until later,

Emily

2 comments:

Ana said...

I taught RS for awhile. I really loved it. I have a calling right now that is pretty much a do-nothing calling. I thought I'd like it after being Primary sec., but I don't. I'm starting to feel a little disconnected from the ward. Weird how a calling really keeps you into things. I hope your new one is one you enjoy!

Anonymous said...

so what is open? I would love to be the RS teacher! I am in Young Women's now for 3 years!!
mlk