Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, August 18, 2008

Question: What Will I Do With All My Time?

I have had a lot of people ask me what I will do with all my time now that Thomas is going to go to school all day. I pondered that too for a while at the beginning of the summer as I realized that I was going to start a new phase in my life. But, then, I have people remind me that the days will still go by really fast and before I know it, it will be almost 3 PM and I will need to hop in the car to pick him up from school!

But this is what I have come up with:

1) I will do all my "normal" things. Errands...are always easy minus one kid. Yes, I only have two children, but it's always easier when I go without one of them. Cleaning. Oh how I wish I didn't have to...but I do. I keep requesting a housekeeper (I'm not kidding!) and James keeps saying no.

2) One-on-one time with Toby. I had so much with Thomas when he was an only child, that I am looking forward to some time like that with just Toby.

3) More time to really organize:

I've actually already got a jump-start on that one; I don't know if it's because we've been here for a year and we've reached that point where even the areas that were once neat and orderly are now out-of-control or if it's the fact that we'll be here for another two years and I can't stand the thought of living this way any longer, but I have been on a real kick to get organized since I got home! I have organized/cleaned something almost every day for the past two weeks...I still have a lot to do...I could stay on this kick for at least six months and still have things to do!

4)Well, I have a new church calling that will more than likely take up some of that "free time"! Funny how that works.

5) German classes. I think this time, it's a "go". Every Tuesday morning this fall for about three hours. I'll drop Thomas off at school, zip on over to the air base and drop Toby off at daycare and then go sit in a classroom.

6) A little time for working out. I hate working out. There, I said it. But, I know there are results. I'd like to be in better shape, have more energy, be less stressed and sleep better at night. I do get it, even though I still don't like it! We have a fabulous, brand-new gym on base that is free. Not that I'm going to live there, but I'd like to go 2 or 3 times a week. I also have a jogging stroller that Toby absolutely LOVES! I bought it from a friend who PCS'd in May for $15! One way or another I hope to get my heart pumping more often that I have been for the past few years.

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Wow! Talk about organized. Wish I was that way. You are definitely going to enjoy the time with Toby. Yes, time will go by too fast but that's okay since this is Thomas's first year of all day school. Good luck with all of your plans.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a great plan!!! It is a new phase that you need to get used to....but it is a fun phase:)
love ya
MLK

Felicity said...

That's the most amazing part of sending the kids to school. I keep thinking about all of this "free time" and wondering what I'm going to do. Your plans are way better than mine. Mine are more along the lines of "go to target" or "eat lunch without having to share." Even Annika will be gone for some of it, so I'll also be down to 1. It'll be weird. Nice, too, but weird.