Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Storks Landed!


Today, I was coming home from picking up our mail, and a farmer was plowing up one of his fields...there were black & white birds buzzing all around the field...which would be seagulls in the US...no big deal, right? Well, at second glance I realized these birds were MUCH, MUCH bigger. I couldn't think of what they were right away, I don't think I've ever seen such a bird in real life, probably never seen a real picture, just drawings involving new babies being born. That's right, the field was covered with storks! I wish I had my camera with me, because it was a really neat thing to see.

Until later,

Emily

5 comments:

Edwin and Rebecca said...

I just read the title and thought...Oh my gosh she's pregnant. You little tricker.

Emily Snow said...

Rebecca,

I hesitated to title the post that for that exact reason!

Nope, not me. Not for a long time, if ever.

Anonymous said...

how funny!!
mlk

Anonymous said...

Really cool--Ditto to what Rebecca said--initially that is.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That title was an attention getter!! Especially with the plural form of stork. Come to think of it, I've never seen a stork outside of pictures either.