Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer's Last Hoorah!

For the next five days, we are going to have really nice weather, in the high 70's all the way up to the high 80's on Sunday. This is warmer than it has been over the past two weeks. I was getting my hair cut today and my hairdresser, who is German, told me this is how summer always ends. "It cools down for a while, then it warms up and gets hot and then it starts to rain and that is the end", according to Martina.

A little while later, I was at the commissary and I overheard almost the exact conversation again. And, as I was driving home today, I also noticed just a few changed leaves. So, I guess it must be true and this really must be the end of summer.

Until later,

Emily

2 comments:

Alison said...

We are having cooler nights and mornings. Not to far away till we lose our summer either.

Anonymous said...

There is a chance of SNOW in the mountains above 8000 on Monday. We are supposed to get rain, and in the 60's. We have a lot of hay down so I hope they are wrong or it stays south of us. Then it is to warm back up. I will be covering the garden again. Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom