Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, August 3, 2008

We Made It!

Well, we are back in Germany and although the flight was long, it was a lot better than when we flew out. Both kids were harder than we expected on the Utah to Chicago flight, but that wasn't the flight we were worried about... Fortunately, both Thomas and Toby slept through the second half of the flight to Germany. Toby was quite fussy the first hour and I thought "oh, here we go again!" but he calmed down before it got too bad and I never even had to take him to the back of the plane. I didn't sleep a wink, (by the time I probably could have fallen asleep, Toby was in a position where I couldn't move so my legs and bum were so cramped up that I was in too much pain to sleep--but the important thing was that he was sleeping and NOT screaming!) and James slept very little too so we were completely exhausted by the time we arrived. We took little naps in the afternoon and all four of us seemed really tired last night when we went to bed...then at 1:30 AM, Toby popped up and decided it was time to be awake! So, I am downstairs with him hoping that sleepiness will hit him again, because I sure know I am sleepy!

Until later,

Emily

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even see you but I miss you more not being on our soil. :(
mlk

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are home safe.