Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, August 23, 2008

One Year Old

Today is my blog's 1st birthday or it's 1st anniversary...I don't know which one is better. Well, it's been around for a year now...how's that?

A few months ago, a friend of mine told me about blurb.com-- It is a website that makes all kinds of books. It even makes books out of your blog! I have decided to do this with my blog since it is the closest thing that I have to a journal or even a scrapbook. I have been wondering if I should send away to make my first book when I'd had my blog for a year or wait until the end of 2008--I think I'm going to finish up the year. I'm still behind on posting pictures from this summer and it would kind of seem weird to end a book on a random date such as August 23, 2008--don't you think? Besides, I need another big project to work on in November & December...yeah, right! Oh, but wait, I'll need to wait to finish up the year so I can work on my blog book from blurb.com in January--PERFECT!

Until later,

Emily

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a perfect plan. You never know how famous you maybe someday. You could be like Little House on the Prairie, of course yours would be Little House in Germany. Ha Ha! Hug the boys and take care. Love Always Mom

Felicity said...

Congrats on your First Blogiversary!

Life in Maryland said...

That's an awesome idea - I'm going to share that with my sister!

sues2u2 said...

Pretty soon we'll be able to call you the "pioneer woman"! (have you seen her blog? amazing!!!)

I changed my blog address for security. I forgot what it was until I was forwarding it to someone & realized what I was giving!

I love your idea though to have your blog bound into a book. What a great way to record everything.

Alison said...

That is totally my idea...I think yearly. Good way to not feel so guilty about not journaling everyday.