Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, August 11, 2008

Playing with Fire!

This morning, I lit some of my oil warmers around the house and also a scented candle which I placed in the middle of my dining room table. Toby saw me light this and as I did, he oohed and awed over it. I went into the kitchen and less than two minutes later, I came back out to find Toby had crawled up on a chair, climbed onto the table and I caught him putting his index finger into the flame, at this point he made a sound that told me he must have thought it was hot (his version of ow) and I took him off the table, while he continued to say (ow, ow, ow and shake his head from side to side). He seems to have learned his lesson...he hasn't tried to climb back on but needless to say, the candle has been put somewhere else!

Until later,

Emily

5 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Oh, no! Good thing you caught him. I'm so glad that he wasn't badly hurt. Bet your heart was "tripping" pretty fast.

Emily Snow said...

I suppose my feelings about this would be different if he were hurt...but he was not, so it's more like one of those "Oh, Toby! You are such a stinker of a kid!" He really is a bad apple.

:)

Anonymous said...

Not a bad apple just a Curious George type of boy, that is what I have decided. Think about it. Good Night it's after 10:30 here and it time for bed. And Good Morning 6:35a.m. your time. Hug the boys and have a good day. Love Always Mom

Emily Snow said...

OK--so I've thought about it, yes, Toby is just like Curious George! He is that monkey in human form!

:)

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!!