Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Big Announcement!

I'm so excited, I'm giddy! I wonder if they'll go on tour? And I wonder if they'll come to Frankfurt? :) Hee-hee, everyone just imagine James at this concert (I know you all are laughing!)

New Kids On The Block Stage Comeback
By Eileen Finan and Julie Jordan

Originally posted Saturday January 26, 2008 02:00 PM EST

After months of speculation and rumor, the Kids are coming back. A well-placed source tells PEOPLE exclusively that New Kids On The Block are indeed getting back together.

The band's Web site, www.nkotb.com, which had been dormant, is now back up and running in anticipation of the official announcement, which the source says will be made in the next few weeks.

The site currently features a television graphic with a fuzzy, flickering photos of NKOTB in their heyday, and a link inviting fans to sign up for info.

The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early '90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994.

Eighteen years later, they're still "Hangin' Tough." The oldest "Kid," Jonathan Knight, now a real estate developer, will turn 40 later this year. Since the band's demise, former members Donnie Wahlberg, 38, and Joey McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Danny Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Knight's brother, Jordan, 37, has continued to record.


I can't wait until the official announcement! I was a big New Kids on the Block fan. It was my first concert and it was awesome! My mom drove me and my friend to Smith's practically in the middle of the night to wait in line for tickets...which were $100 a piece--that was a ton on money 18 years ago! I wonder where my old tapes are? I used to know...but now I really have no idea. I bet they'll re-release everything onto CD if they really are going to reunite. Somehow I don't think James will be willing to let me decorate our room in NKOTB memorabilia. My poor sister (we shared a room) really had to deal with a lot with a 15-year old who was in love with Jon, Donnie, Joey, Jordan and Danny (in that order!). I think my mom said I could decorate "my half" only by the time I was through, I'll admit I had taken well over 3/4's the wall space with my posters! I think Kate finally had to be firm with the fact that she wouldn't let me take over her closet or the wall space that her face would be next to when she woke up in the morning...it was a shrine to NKOTB, I'm not kidding!!

NKOTB--Forever!

Emily

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The towel is in the with the beach towel and tapes are in the closet in the office the last time I saw them. Kate and I was talking about the room take over the other day. Kate diffenetly add this to a class discussion when she reads this on Monday. Hug the boys and I will talk to you on Sunday. Love Always Mom

jlk said...

Holy crow!! That makes me so happy to hear that. I know Jonny won't go with me, but maybe I can coax Rebeccah. AWESOME!!!!