Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, January 21, 2008

Something Is Going On...


...with Toby.

This past weekend, Toby's either been what we call "a mellow baby" (quiet and kind of expression-less) or a fussy baby. He's gone from eating three jars of baby food a meal to one. He wants to be held. A lot.

Last night he woke up four times. He'd cry, drink an ounce, and go back to sleep. I suspect he either has a sore throat or he's teething again, but there aren't many symptoms to go by.

Until later,

Emily

Update: While I was attempting to feed him his breakfast, I discovered a huge lump on the left side of his mouth. Looks like another tooth is trying to come up! I loaded him up with Tylenol, one dose at 8:30 AM, another at 10:30 AM, all the other doses today will be four hours apart (James--he's home today because of Martin Luther King Day--accused me of trying to overdose him, so I then had to assure him that my system is perfectly safe and actually works!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor baby!! Your system works so keep to it!! Dads.....that is all I will say. :)

Anonymous said...

Even doctors double the fist dose so the meds can get into the system, then back off to a schedule. Men!........ Bill's out blowing the 5-6 inches of snow we currnently have - mores still falling....... Good way for him to spend his day off... :-} Take care....... B

Anonymous said...

Toby looks like one sad and hurting baby. I glad that you now know what he has wrong. Give him a big hug from me and I hope tonight will be better. Give Thomas a hug too. Love Always Mom