Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday Migraine...and Back to the Grind!

I went to bed with a headache last night, which turned into a migraine during the night, I guess. I slept through it, but when my alarm went off (I don't usually set my alarm, but I decided to keep it set from yesterday--9 AM church, requires an alarm!--so that I could maybe have an hour or two do get started on all the messes around here) I realized it was a bad one.

I went downstairs, had a glass of milk and took something for the migraine. Although I slept the night, I feel awful. My body must have been tense because of the headache because I ache all over. I took the pills and felt the effects within 15 minutes. I went back to bed and got an hour and a half of peaceful sleep before Toby and Thomas woke up.

So, so much for getting a head start on the day. So much of it will wait until later I guess. Since Thomas has been on vacation from preschool I have been very, very lax with chores and errands. He goes back this afternoon.

James has enjoyed six weeks of a "slow season" at work. No travel and not a ton of excitement. He's been able to get caught up with his writing. And for the past two weeks, he's been the only one on his "team" in the office. This all comes to an end today. Most of the team will return, there will be meetings about what is coming up and probably some travel on the agenda.

But, as the holiday season is officially wrapped up, I feel that it is time for me to "get back to the grind" as well. Time to clean, re-organize, and organize those things that I was never able to get to. Not fun, but definitely necessary!

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

Life in Maryland said...

Ha, it's good to know I'm not the only one. I have been so laxed lately - I don't even have the Christmas decorations put away - I did finally take them down today :) And the last time I cleaned was for the New Year's party last week ... I did do the dishes. I hope this doesn't set my pace for the year :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you had one of those migraines. Hope you are feeling better. Mom's don't have time to be sick very long. Grandma Kay said that is what kept her young, chasing after grand kids. As far as chores they will wait unless you find some fairies over there. Take care. Hug the boys. Love Always Mom

Anonymous said...

All I can say is ditto to the back to the grind stuff! Sorry to hear about the headache!