Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, January 27, 2008

When we were getting ready to move out of our home in Maryland, I got the job of cleaning James' shower by default because he was painting the downstairs. I worked on all the other cleaning jobs that I could think of until it came down to cleaning the shower. I think very few people find enjoyment in cleaning showers. I know I am not one of those few people. Cleaning James' shower, however, was very dreaded!

For those of you who don't know, I am not a "shower-er" but rather, I am a "bather". Therefore, I do not feel that I need to clean James' shower. And, unfortunately, neither does James! (Grr). I spent hours upon hours cleaning that shower in Maryland. It wasn't gross-gross to look at but it had layers upon layers of soap scum that I had to work off. I went through lots of cleaner and actually went out and bought one of those steamers which worked best of all, but it still took a lot of elbow grease!

So, when we moved into this place, I found it necessary to state that when we move out, I will NOT be the one to clean his shower so he better not let it get like that! I think that went in one ear and out the other! I also argued that it would be better if he would switch from bar soap to liquid soap but that also fell on deaf ears....

Anyway, the main purpose of this post (finally!) is to give props to a product that I bought last week after discovering black mildew growing in James' shower (Eew! At least we never had that in our Maryland shower!). It's Lysol Mildew Remover with Bleach. It worked great and I highly recommend it!

The first application took care of most of the problem. There were a few places that needed an extra application, then I thought, "hey, I might as well spray it on the entire shower". I only had to get down on my hands and knees to scrub the bottom with my natural pumice stone that I bought at Walmart for about one minute. And that was to work out the soap scum. The shower looks amazing...better than when we moved in! James even noticed (near miracle there!)... and...he thanked me (the true miracle)!

Until later,

Emily

0 comments: