Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, January 18, 2008

Going, Going...

...not quite gone!

Our American fridge is going out. We've got the temperature set to the coldest setting but things are not very cold. Nothing's gone sour but when you pour milk from the carton it tastes like it's been sitting out in room temperature for about an hour.

These fridges are technically rented from the military. But, we have to go through James' office to get one, and of course it all depends on one guy to get that ball rolling. This guy is a hot/cold guy. So very helpful one day and then totally and completely annoyed that you are bothering him the next day (even though it's his JOB!) Oh, and the military has a four day weekend...starting today so I know nothing will be/can be done until Tuesday. Luckily we have our tiny German fridge to move things around if needs be...but it freezes everything. I think I'll hold off on any major grocery shopping until we get this problem fixed.

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the problem. I bet you didn't bring any coolers with you. I have lived out of cooler before. You just have to ice them up. Or in the winter put them outside and hope they don't turn to freezers. Of course it had to fall on a holiday. At least you have the small Germany frig. Has it always ran too cold? Darrell's are supposed to be here today to fix my washer 10 days and I am REALLY ready for my modern convenience, tub washing works but it's a pain. Hug the boys I'll talk to you later Love Always Mom