Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Emily vs. James

The Christmas decorations are down and in their boxes! The boxes haven't made their way downstairs...but there's always tomorrow. I even managed to put up my whopping six Valentine's decorations! Well, no...I also put up 24 paper hearts in the windows...so that would make it 30!

Speaking of taking down the Christmas decorations, I specifically asked James to help me with this task today. However, I could tell from the instant that I asked him this favor, that he was going to try to get out of it...

I gathered up every single decoration in the house and off of the tree and was hoping then that he would help me at that point. (Because remember, I specifically asked him, it wasn't a hint or something that I casually mentioned a few days ago--this was something that I point blank, no-doubt-about-it asked him to help me with today!) So, to get the help going, I asked him to bring the empty boxes up. He claimed that, "I don't know which ones they are" (big hint: they say Christmas on them, and somehow you managed to put them with the other holiday boxes when we got our stuff) So, I went downstairs and found them myself. James was so kind to carry the boxes upstairs. Did he help me fill the boxes? That would be a no.

At this point, Thomas came over and wanted to "help". Kind and thoughtful Thomas, but tonight I did not want his help...so, I replied rather loudly that, I'd rather have your dad's help. James, says, "Hey, I'm trying to help you by keeping the kids out of your hair." Funny seeing that Thomas was trying to "help" while Toby was next to us playing with the magnets on the fridge and James just happened to be playing the Nintendo DS....Grr... Thanks for the help, James!

Then, the icing on the cake tonight came in the form of this sentence from James, "Are you PMSing or something, because you just really seem on edge tonight". And, I didn't even reply...

Until later,

Emily

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily they are all the same. I have waited for couple weeks for someone to offer to help carry the BOXES to the attic, the hallway was lined from the utility to the office three deep and more in the garage. Yesterday I made 30/40 trips up the ladder. Kurt offer when I was almost done. I must say in their defense I did not ask them to help. I think they think I am having more of my Christmas fun, it's the last part putting away the boxes. Sometimes I hate to put up Holiday decorations just because of the time it takes taking thing out and putting things away again. So Emily this is how it goes. Hug the boys. Love Always Mom

DanceNplay said...

I am feeling you there Emily! HAHAHA! It took my husband about 3 months to put up some new blinds in our room! And he replied, "There! Now you can stop bugging me about it!" HAHA. Our dear husbands! That's why we love them!

Life in Maryland said...

HA! Similar situation ... I ended up taking down all the decorations, took apart the tree and left it in the middle of floor and Mike finally got the hint to carry the tree to the basement and bring up the empty boxes. Now I still had to pack the decorations and bring them downstairs ... I think he likes this staying home thing with me ...

Anonymous said...

Are we supposed to take those things down?!!
I bet that is why so many lights stay on houses all year long...the men are supposed to be taking them down!!
love ya

Angie said...

Emily, I laugh when I read some of these things. After all of these years, it seems like we are still of the same mind. I SOOOOOOO understand the husband thing. Mine does the exact same thing. He even had it easy with "his" job (the outside lights). He invited his friend over and they did it together. HMMMMM....

Love ya,
Ang