Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Jury Duty

Because we own a home in Maryland, pay taxes, and have Maryland driver's licenses etc, we are still technically Maryland residents.

So, it really should be no surprise that James received a jury summons for the week of February 11-15 in the mail today.

He has to appeal the summons on or before February 1, so there isn't a lot of time to waste.

If not, he will be subject to "90 days in jail, a fine or both"!

Until later,

Emily

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

90 day vacation might not be so bad. (JK)
You know that in a couple of months you will be summons to Jury Duty also and will have to go through it again.
I have always wanted to be on a Jury, I think it would be fun.

sues2u2 said...

Lol & giggling too!

Anonymous said...

I hope I'm never called don't think I could handle a murder, sexual, or one that involved a child. Bill was on a jury just after we were married, it was a sexual assult case, had to view pictures and other evidence-- which he could have done without......he said it was not pleasant......
After all the years you two have lived in Maryland and now one of you get a call..... how funny... Maybe you should move more often, up the odds some.. :)

Anonymous said...

Ok----that's really funny. J got summoned but since he needed to work (due to the layoffs and trying to start up the business) he didn't have to go.

Anonymous said...

I have been called a couple of times. One time when you kids were little and I told them I had no one to watch my kids and I was excused. So I am sure that living in Germany might be a good excuse, the commute would be hell. Hug the boys and take care Love Always Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey if he goes to jail, maybe we will be called as a jury member for his court date!! Then we could see you guys again. Let's plan it.