Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Head First Without a Thought!


Toby, oh, Toby! While Thomas was always a careful and cautious baby (and still is as a child), Toby is not. I fear that he will give James and I more than a few gray hairs!

Today, I had him in the high chair, where he was eating some dry cereal before I had time to sit down and feed him his baby food. I had gone down to the basement a few times and had left the door to the basement open. Well, I fed him his breakfast and then put him down. I could hear Thomas playing with his cars in the kitchen but there wasn't any Toby noise...then I remembered--the door! I took a quick look around the hallway and the stairs going upstairs and he was no where! I pulled the door back and there was Toby, going head first down the first stair! I grabbed him by his feet and pulled him up!

I sat him down on the ground and said, "no, no, no", which at this age I don't think really sinks in except he knows that he isn't going to get to do something or go somewhere that he thinks he wants to go. So, he cried because he was mad, but at least he wasn't crying because he was hurt!

Until later,

Emily

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you know a good hairdresser, it's only the beginning of the gray hairs. Remember I was told I am color resisted now by my personal hairdresser YOU. I feel I have earned every one of them too. Every child is definitely different, what worked for one will not work on another. Have fun. Hug the boys. I will talk to you later today. Love Always Mom

Alison said...

Oh, you got to love them. And on the gray hair thing...I was just pondering today how sad it is that I am only 32 with sooo many. I will blame my boys!! THANKS!

Anonymous said...

It is like my own family journals reading yours!! My first was so cautious and careful...still is to a fault. but my last goes head first and then asks for a band aid!!
My advice....don't use a bottle to cover any kid induced grays!! hurry back so you can fix mine!! I am going to AW in the evenings next time. It will be worth the few hours away to have my hair nice again. miss you.
ps, when you wait to accept any comments....go ahead and spell check them!! mlk