Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Morning After...

Toby is pretty sore. We haven't been awake for too long. I put him down on the floor to crawl and he sat there like "oh, I can't move!". So, I put him in his entertainer toy...that must alleviate the pressure because he seems content.

The night was OK. He cried out several times during the night but never actually woke up (I woke up--but that's OK!) until 6:20 this morning. I got him out of his crib and it was like picking up a baby that had been cooking in the oven. He was fevered. I fed him a bottle and got out the Tylenol. He was whiny and uncomfortable for 25 minutes and then we could tell the Tylenol was bringing the fever down and he was finding comfort again. He slept until 9 AM.

I have nothing planned for today. This is what I like to do the day after shots. Plan for nothing. It doesn't always work out this way but today it has. So, I will care for Toby how ever he needs and if he should decide to have a great day or a sleepy day, I will do housework but nothing pressing.

Thomas is still busy playing with all of Toby's new birthday toys and he understands that his brother may not have the best day so he is all right with the fact that we will be having a "casual" day. It's days like these when I am so glad that he is as old as he is!

Until later,

Emily

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad it was better than your worst thoughts. He did sound really good on the phone. Making staving baby lion noises. Hug the boys, hope you got a good night sleep. Love Always Mom

Alison said...

Poor kid!