Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Friday, January 25, 2008

A Typical Friday Night...but Without James!

So, here it is nearly 11 PM, and I have just swallowed the first two cold pills of the day...yesterday I tried taking only half doses but still got too sleepy. So I dealt with the runny nose and the sneezing all day long today instead!

Tonight, James is playing war games with some co-workers. Some of them got together about a week and a half ago, on a weeknight, and they invited him but he declined because it was a work night. Let me explain briefly: these war games last FOREVER! I suggested that he invite them to get together again after work on a Friday. So, that is what he did, and now they will be gaming into the night. It's OK though...every once in a while isn't a big deal, besides, I am the one that suggested it!

I wish that I could say that I did something exciting tonight, but I didn't. It was like a normal weeknight evening, except I didn't make dinner. But, we still ate. Thomas had waffles, I had a soft pretzel and half a bag of Peanut M&M's (they called out to me today when we were at the commissary!) and Toby had his usual baby food. I was on the phone for a while and the boys played in the living room, then I put Toby to bed and let Thomas stay up probably too late but he wasn't being any trouble so I didn't care.

I don't often blog about James' job, but tonight I feel like doing so. Some things have changed, at least for now, and James won't be traveling very much. However, that doesn't mean he won't be busy. They have taken on some other kinds of work, so they are just as busy but not traveling. He is getting very frustrated with not being able to take time off. We had hoped to take a four-day weekend over President's Day next month and actually go somewhere, but now it looks like he'll have to work at least on Friday and possibly come in on the holiday. He's asked for some time off at the end of March, during the time that my parents hope to visit, and his boss won't approve it. Furthermore, he requested some leave during the summer, to travel to the States and he won't approve it. Every night this week, James has come home grumbling about his job...He thinks it's entirely too busy but the way I see it (but what do I know, really?), is that it's not bad to be busy at work, but you should be able to take time off when you ask for it, especially if you ask for it off months and months in advance! There are also other things that have been or are now brewing.... I could go on and on, but I won't...let's just say that I don't think either of us would be good spokespeople for James' job right now!

On the plus side of things, James attended a work meeting this week where it was stated that we probably won't have to worry about moving to a new location. The building where James' work was going to move to has been declared a no-go. So, they will probably still move, but not in our time frame, even if we extend the third year.

One last thing, before I close, I would like to mention that the sun was out and the sky was blue today! It looked a lot warmer then it was, but it was nice seeing the sun. I honestly can't remember the last time we had a day like this...over a month ago. My goodness this place is gray and dreary! Rumor is it gets better in the spring! I've already noticed that the days are getting longer! Hallelujah!

Until later,

Emily

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well look at it like this you had two of the three of your boys. James was doing HIS fun games, It nice you let him have a boys night off. Your Dad and Ryan are done hunting every weekend now, Goose hunt was over on the 18th. That is your Dad's big outings. Kate and I know they just like sitting out there drinking beer and eating treats and your Dad loves to feed Daisy (Kate has her on a Diet) so he thinks she is starving. She is not fat like our dogs, so lots of dog bone, crackers and oranges. Daisy likes oranges or at least she eats them. Hug the boys. Love Always Mom