Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Finally!

It's been just over four months since our HHE (our stuff!) arrived and I am excited to finally say that I unpacked the last three boxes tonight! Not that the contents of those boxes are neatly stored somewhere--because whenever I unpack something, it usually involves a trip out to find some kind of storage solution since there is no built-in storage to this house--but they are unpacked!

Now, my next focus until I go back to the States this summer, will be to organize the house better. The main floor is OK, but the upstairs needs a lot of work. So does the basement, but it's "storage" so it's last on my list.

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah congratulations you are finally moved in!!! I know that's an accomplishment....I go through stages right now, some where I'm very organized and then I get unorganized but I read this great book about this woman from CO who has twelve kids(one might assume she was lds but she actually isn't), two cats, and a dog and she looks like a model because she works out every day and anyway in her book one of the best things that she said to do was to organize one thing in your home everyday whether it is a cabinet a drawer or even a room.... so I've been trying to practice that principle and amazing enough I'm feeling pretty organized lately.....Its a pretty good book though I can't remember the name of it.

sues2u2 said...

Way to go! You're doing much better than I am with the unpacking. We too, don't have great storage solutions & I haven't been able to unpack some of my boxes because there is nowhere else to put them! I am very impressed though that you are unpacked. It helps to make a house a home without those cardboard things hanging around.

Life in Maryland said...

So, was it like Christmas all over again?! I drive Mike crazy because I'm like, 'if it hasn't been used in a year, get rid of it'. And then the next couple of months later I need it. Hmm, is that really being organized? Miss you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

I know that helps feel like a load has been removed. I love getting things off of my to do list!
miss you tons