Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Waffle Wednesday

Wednesdays are a hurdle for me. A mental hurdle. I know this is the case with a lot of people. It's like if you can get through Wednesday, you can probably get through the rest of the week.

Recently, I started "Waffle Wednesday" at my house. What this means is we have waffles (and usually scrambled eggs) for dinner every Wednesday, but sometimes it's pancakes or french toast...OK, so theoretically it's breakfast on Wednesdays but Breakfast Wednesday doesn't sound as clever.

It's just a little way that makes Wednesdays easier on me. I don't have to think very hard about "what should I make for dinner tonight", plus it's a fast meal, everyone will eat at least some of it (even Toby!) and it tastes yummy!

Until later,

Emily

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily I guess you know when we get there it will have to include BACON for your Dad. Your Dad loves his breakfast no matter what time of day. His Grandpa and Grandma Nalder had cereal for their dinner meal your Dad saids. Hug the boys, take care. Love Always Mom

Anonymous said...

I've made breakfast for dinner at least once a week for years, and I agree it's simple and quick. Like the 'Wednesday Waffles' does sound better then breakfast...... Hummm maybe I'll fix Huevos Rancheros tonight.......Thanks for the idea.....B

Life in Maryland said...

As you know, I am not much of a cook ... but since by sister introduced me to kraftfoods.com, I am having a feild-day making dinners. And it's all been really good! They are quick and simple as well. I also like your waffle idea and may implement it myself!

Anonymous said...

I love Waffle Wednesday
Maybe McDonald's Monday for FHE can work out?

Alison said...

Sounds yummy to me!! I have this recipe for apple waffles and apple syrup that is to die for...if you want the recipe to try on "Waffle Wednesday" I will send it on to you.