Every day life and occasional adventures of Emily Snow and Family

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

It's a Brand New Fridge!

James made the arrangements to get a new fridge on Tuesday, to be delivered today. James warned me that it was going to be only about 2/3's the size of our old fridge and that "I think it's going to be used, so I have no idea what kind of shape it will be in". So, while I was thankful to be getting a fridge that could keep cool, I was prepared for something...well, something grungy!

To my surprise, the company delivered a brand-new fridge and it's the exact same size as our old one! Mind you, it's a white, no frills, fridge but it's so much better than I expected! Even James (the eternal pessimist) commented, "You know, we've never had a new fridge!" Come to think of it--he's right!

The only downside remaining is that the old fridge still remains. Why? Because the old fridge didn't come from the same company. The old fridge was passed down from someone that used to work at James' work. So, James and another guy have to come and haul the old fridge away...but the guy can't do it until next Tuesday. All and all, it's a minor inconvenience!

Until later,

Emily

4 comments:

sues2u2 said...

Yea! No more worries! Ya gotta love it when things go better than expected. Sometimes the system does actually work.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you last week frustration is over and now you can get the everything traded over and get back to normal in frig life. Enjoy your new frig. We never give it a thought until it doesn't work, then we really miss our modern conveniences. Hug the boys. Take it easy. Love Always Mom

Anonymous said...

You should ck out my friend's poem:ode to fridge. Her link is on my blog-under Sunrise Friend.....Funny but the day she wrote it and the day I read it I had just in fact cleaned out my fridge.....

Anonymous said...

urg, white refrig. I am so sorry!!